Increasing the share of vegetables
Helping us all choose greens over meat is good for human well-being and the planet. Here are a few ideas how:
• Develop new green and seasonal recipes
• Integrate green nudges into our restaurant concepts
• Professional chef training focusing on vegetarian cooking
• Vegetarian cookbook and raising awareness among consumers
"Unattractive fruit and vegetables taste just as good as their pristine counterparts"
- Åke Lindsmyr, Procurement, Fazer Food Services Sweden
"UNATTRACTIVE FRUIT AND VEGETABLES TASTE JUST AS GOOD AS THEIR PRISTINE COUNTERPARTS."
We contribute to the health of our guests through the food we serve. Our aim is to reduce the share of meat and increase the share of vegetables. An economic balance is also important. Reduced meat volumes can also deliver economic benefits due to the lower material cost of vegetables compared to meat. This is a win-win-win.
"Cooperation between product developers and raw material suppliers has resulted in an extra 3 million meals per year containing WWF green-listed fish."
- Jiri Luoto, Procurement, Fazer Food Services Finland
"COOPERATION BETWEEN PRODUCT DEVELOPERS AND RAW MATERIAL SUPPLIERS HAS RESULTED IN AN EXTRA 3 MILLION MEALS PER YEAR.”